Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Easter Bunny


Mia, I met some of your family today; your brother and I suppose your father. They were standing outside the Shopping Center holding a great big piece of cardboard with your picture pasted on it and they were asking for donations for you. At first I didn’t want to donate anything, you know how the street side beggars can be, but then I was touched by something, something more than a picture on a cardboard box, or even a family trying to help out their daughter who has leukemia. It was more of a spirit to spirit communication. I don’t know why, I have never been sick, I have been in excellent health all my life, except for that one time I had a blood clot; nothing really.

I was in my car stopped at a red light, so I had to act fast. I had just bought one of those chocolate Easter bunnies, with supper extra large ears; nine inch long ears, mmmm what a treat. I asked if they would take the bunny, but they said no, I suppose it would just melt, or worse yet, the ears could have been eaten off by the time it got home to you. Well anyway, I gave them some cash. In turn I got your personal “Mia’s Caring Heart” business card. I think I got the best deal.

I hope this Easter is a good one for you. We will certainly have you and your family in our prayers. Well, it has been a pleasure writing to you, and maybe you will get your own chocolate Easter bunny this year anyway, one with extra large ears.

No comments: