Sunday, April 1, 2012

Got Bread?

Acts of Kindness can and should be fun!
I had just finished baking a batch of Grandpa Hyde’s Multi-Grain Bread – The Best Bread Known to Man, and I decided to go outside for a walk while the bread cooled.  As I was out standing in front of the house, Geri, a winter visitor who was renting one of the neighborhood homes came walking by.  She stopped and we talked a bit and she asked me what I had been doing,  “Baking bread” I told her.  “Would you like a loaf”?  “Oh I don’t want to take your freshly baked bread” she said.  “No trouble, the recipe makes five loaves and I usually give three loaves away” I replied.

Well while she was declining and trying to be nice, I told her that on her way back from her walk, if she would stop by I would have a nice fresh warm loaf for her.

As the bread cooled I kept an eye out for her on the return walk, but she did not come.  I figured the best way to get her a loaf would be to put up a sign in the road and just have her pick up the loaf on her way home.

I set one of my special “butler” stands out in the road with the loaf of bread on it and a sign telling her to take the loaf, and then I returned into the house.  Well it certainly was an eye catcher and when she came by she took the bread with a smile and without hesitation.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Wonderful! The butler right there waiting for her. What a lovely joy that would bring!
p.s. this bread is the BEST BREAD known to man!