Sunday, April 15, 2012

Grumpy Old Man

My mother had been sick and needed an operation.  My stepfather of a few years was a bit of a grump and not very good at doing any of the household chores.  After a successful operation the Relief Society brought a dinner by for them to eat.  My stepfather, a non-member had never experienced anything like that before and expressed his gratitude of that act of kindness by the sisters to us all at the dinner table. 

After we had finished up all of the food, which lasted for two days, we washed up the dishes and prepared to take them back.  During the day, I had baked a pineapple upside-down cake, but instead of putting it all in one baking dish, I baked it in two smaller dishes instead.  When the time came to return the dishes, I asked my stepfather to accompany me and take one of the cakes over to the sister.  He had never done anything like that before, but he agreed to do it.

After returning the cleaned dishes to the sister and presenting the cake as a token of gratitude we returned home.  On the return trip home, my stepfather commented that in all his seventy-eight years he had never done anything like that before, but it made him feel kind of good.

Tell me; is this a good reason to post your acts of Kindness for others to read?

B

No comments: